Sunday, September 27, 2009

On the Road Again

Well, it's been quite the long hot summer. We (the kids, myself, and my mom) leave tomorrow for Rhode Island. Given the traveling with kids part we'll be taking three days and arrive there on Wednesday. I'm hoping to see lots of beautiful fall leaves on the way up the GA heat has really gotten to me and I'm ready for a break. Newport is having weather in the 40's and 50's already! Buying complete new wardrobes for all of us is on our list of things to do shortly upon arrival.

This has been a good summer though, a lot of healing has taken place for me personally and with my family. A lot issues have been sorted out and I feel so good about everything. I feel better about life than I have in YEARS and it's consistent. I haven't had the deep depression that I was dealing with for about a month and a half now. I went to a wholeness retreat in August and the results have been remarkable.

I have jumped back into my fitness goals with new gusto and with a new outlook. This isn't a summer change, this is a life change. This is changing ALL aspects of my life and putting things back in their proper place and order. My relationship with Jesus has changed and grown so much. He needs to be the center and the other things are becoming much easier. I need to care for my spirit and heart next and then everything else just falls into place. My inner joy is just welling up and helping me to be a more positive wife and mother and caretaker of myself too. So here is the new and revised (yet again) plan. :)

I need something I can do every day. The thing I can always be aware of is what I eat. So, guidelines and portions! I met a great new friend that has similar weight goals and we're long distance accountability partners. This has been HUGE! If I have to call someone to ask if I can have dessert, well then, I just don't eat dessert! I still enjoy the things I enjoy, for example beer, but now I have guidelines and everything is much more manageable. On this alone I've lost 6 lbs in two weeks.

Here are my rules: (not in order b/c I can't find my card)

1. Portions, portions, portions!
2. Don't eat my kids food that they don't want.
3. No sweets unless we ask accountability partner.
4. Exercise 4 times a week for 30 mins.
5. No more than 2 beers a night, not to exceed 4 per week. Compensate the next day with a lighter meal or a walk.

Now I'm sure all my faithful fans who have put up with my infrequent posts are curious about my results for the summer. I have lost 19.4 lbs. I have last 24 1/2 inches total!!! And best of all, I FEEL better, I'm happier, and I have so much HOPE.

"But what happens when we live God's way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard - things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely"

Galatians 5: 22-26, The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment