Wednesday, June 10, 2009

First Day of Pain

My workout went pretty well this morning. The sore muscles are starting to set in though! I still have cardio to finish today which should be super fun in the 98 degree heat! I'm certainly not in Monterey anymore. My trainer said I did well and that now that she knows what I'm capable of she'll really crank it up on our next session. All I know is that I was working hard so I'm not sure what cranked up will be!

As far as eating goes I'm sticking to the plan pretty rigidly. I even cut out one of my two cups of coffee in the morning. I haven't felt any desperation yet or severe cravings but I can feel the edge of hunger a lot. Nothing that bad though. I have eggs and veggies when I get back from the gym and then a fresh juice for lunch. Mom has a juicer so it's been interesting making juices or the first time. Some of them taste more "healthy" than good but I'm surprised at how satisfied I feel after them.

Okay, Aiden wants me to continue watching "Night at the Museum" with him. Now all I need to do is get up out of this chair...

3 comments:

  1. Joy - When I first started this diabetic diet thing, I was VERY hungry...and VERY frustrated. For someone who rarely ate breakfast, I had a hard time convincing myself that eating all day versus just two (large) meals a day was the better option. So now I literally graze all day - and after a couple of weeks (after you adjust), it works at keeping the "always hungry" feeling away. And despite eating something every two-three hours, the weight will still come off. I promise. I can send you the diabetic worksheet if you'd like..it outlines six meals/snacks a day. After mentally and emotionally fighting against it for awhile, I like it a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job. I'd expect nothing less than "kick up the pain" for my wife! Of course it was too easy!

    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda: Yes, that would be great. The hunger hasn't be that bad as of yet, just this afternoon it was already improving as my body is adjusting. Of course then Dad walked in with Guinness...I resisted though!

    Daniel: It was not to easy. :-P I'm having a hard time holding our daughter b/c my arms are so sore.

    ReplyDelete