Tuesday, June 9, 2009

This One Sucks

This is particularly difficult for me to show. I look at these pictures and hardly recognize my outward person, or worse I look at pictures from 5 1/2 yrs ago and wonder who that beautiful person is. I don't have a lot more to say on this subject other then I just want to get this post over with because it makes me want to cry.

Measurements as of June 9, 2009
Arm/bicep: 13 3/8 inches
Chest: 44 inches
Waist: 43 inches
Hips: 50 inches
Thigh: 32 1/2 inches
Weight: 223 lbs

So again, this makes me feel like what I have to do is nearly impossible. How have I let myself get to this point? How did I not SEE this and stop destructive habits? Were the extra beers and carry out dinners really worth THIS? I can't keep going like this. I'll post new pictures and measurements probably on a monthly basis, possibly every two weeks depending on the progress I'm making. All I know now is that no matter what it takes, I'm worth it.

As I look at these pictures of myself I am so grateful for my husband. He has loved me no matter what. Thin or fat it has not mattered to him. Not that it makes what I let myself become right, but it is a comfort to be reassured of his true unconditional love for me. I'm also so thankful for my kids and knowing that right now they just see their mommy and they love me for being their mom.

Thank you in advance to my parents and my in-laws for helping me reach my goals by watching their grandchildren, I don't know if I could do this without their support and the time they are giving me. That's all for tonight, I need to go before looking at these pictures makes me want to eat a pint of ice cream. Irony anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I can't begin to express the admiration I have for you right now. You ROCK! Reading your blog makes me REALLY wish you guys were going to be stationed here - it makes me sad thinking about it. :(

    Based upon your posts, we're following almost the exact same diet and workout routine. It would be so much easier if we were doing it together. Maybe we can be "accountable" via the 'Net somehow? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'd be great Amanda! I can use all the accountability and encouragement I can get!

    ReplyDelete